Ready to Participate and be a Contestant?
Mark your calendar, make travel arrangements (discounted hotel information is included in confirmation) and see you in St. Louis!
LOOK AT THE FABULOUS PRIZES YOU COULD WIN:
2018 Heartland Bear patch
HiBearNation 2018 Run Pass and two nights at host hotel (Holiday Inn Downtown)
Up to $300.00 Paid towards Bear Contest or Bear Run of choice, this includes hotel costs.
$75.00 JJ’s bar tab
$50.00 JJ’s bar tab
HiBearNation 2018 Run Pass
$25.00 JJ’s bar tab
MHB 2018 – OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Mr. Heartland Bear Contest is open to gay and bisexual men who are at least 21 years of age.
- Contestant residence is limited to the following states: Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Ohio
- Contestants must provide a State issued photo ID by the event.
- The contest will be held the evening of August 3rd and during the afternoon and late evening of August 4th, 2018.
- Mr. Heartland bear contestants are required to appear at all judged events or they will be disqualified. Participation in selling shots Friday evening at JJ’s is optional, however points may be earned at this event.
- The Show-Me Bears reserve the right to remove anyone from the competition at any time and for any reason.
- In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by unanimous vote of the judges.
- Contestants are required to submit a $25 deposit with their application . This deposit will be refunded immediately after the contest to contestants who weren’t disqualified for reasons listed in the Official Rules & Regulations.
- State and local laws prohibit frontal nudity at JJ’s Bar and Clubhouse. A minimum of a 2″ wide strap must cover the contestants butt crack if the contestant decides to go “seat-less.”
- The winner of Mr. Heartland Bear 2018 may be requested to appear at local events including, but not limited to, St. Louis Gay Pride, Hibearnation and The Mr. Heartland Bear 2019 contest.
Contestants total score will be judged on the following categories:
40% – Interview w/judges (interpersonal skills)
30% – Pageant (everyday wear, cruise wear, underwear)
20% – Audience vote
10% – Shot sales on Friday